Tuesday, July 29, 2008

We all survived

the daddy and daughter weekend at Granny's house! Apparently Lillian was on excellent behavior at Granny's house and only asked for mommy when she bumped her head on the first night. Lillian enjoyed petting Kiko, Granny's cat (actually was my cat first) and trying to feed snacks to the other cat, Twist. Twist was not interested in coming in the house while Lillian was there. When Granny was explaining the Twist was just shy and didn't know who Lillian was, Lillian said, "I'm Lillian. Tell her I'm Lillian."

The first night putting her to bed, she told Joe, "You go talk to the cat Daddy. I want Granny in here." She had fun with Granny giving her constant tours of the house and picking apples from the apple tree in Granny's yard.

Daddy and Granny decided to take Lillian to the beach Saturday morning. Knowing how all our other beach excursions have gone, Joe figured they would drive the 30 minutes to the beach, Lillian would walk around for 15 minutes and then she would be ready to go. So no swimsuit (which I packed) went with them. Well Lillian loved the beach as you can tell by these pictures:

Joe had to go to one of the beach shops to buy towels (they had no toddler swimsuits there!) Sunday morning they headed back to the beach, this time armed with a swimsuit, towels, a sand bucket and shovels.

She was NOT ready to leave Sunday afternoon and ran around the house hiding from Joe. She did not seem all that thrilled to see me when they got home but she did let me hold her for a long time and put her head on my shoulder. I was able to paint her bathroom cabinets, go the the spa, see a movie with a friend and drink a lot of wine!