Friday, July 25, 2008

Off to Granny's

This afternoon, Joe and Lillian left for a weekend at Granny's house. Joe and I have left Lillian overnight with Granny at our house before but this is the first time I will be left alone in almost 2.5 years!

When Joe first came up with this idea, I was excited but as it had gotten closer, the more nervous I became. This morning we stopped at the car dealership to have them check the air pressure in the tires and Lillian needed to use the potty. As she was sitting on the potty, she leaned over to me and said, "I love you so much. I so glad you came to me." I started crying right there!

On a lighter note, while waiting for the car, we read a book, "A Goose in on the Loose." One of the pages reads: The goose went to the zoo. During the first reading of this book (there were four), when we got to that page, Lillian said the word "zoo" all by herself (I had not said it yet.) I later pointed to the words and asked her what it was, and she said "zoo." Is it possible that she can already spell? We do have a couple books with the word zoo in them so I guess she has just memorized what the word looks like.

BEWARE GRANNY - SHE IS BRINGING HER CANDYLAND GAME WITH HER!

Here is Lillian getting ready for her trip: