Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Outsmarted by a two year old

Part of our nightly bedtime routine ends with whipped cream. Let me explain:

Joe and I put Lillian to bed together. Right before we put her in the crib, we would do a family hug. One night she was not into it, so I said that I wanted a Lillian sandwich. Joe and I would hold lay Lillian down in our arms, we were the bread and Lillian was the sandwich stuffing. We would ask her what type of Lillian sandwich she wanted and then proceed to make it on her (she requested lots of peanut butter and jelly with all sorts of toppings like pickles, tomatoes, cheese, applesauce, etc.).

That lasted for a few weeks and then when that did not work anymore, we switched to Joe and I squirting whipped cream on her. Lillian got into that and would pretend to shake her own can of whipped cream and spray it on us. One night a few weeks ago, she was still playing this game in her crib and I said that we were out of whipped cream. Lillian looked at us and said, "I went to the store and just bought some." Joe and I just laughed knowing that this was just the start of her outsmarting us!