Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Mommy & Daddy need to learn sign language

Tonight at dinner:
Lillian - "I'm eating my dinner before I get dessert."
mommy & daddy have not mentioned anything about dessert


Later on after mommy and daddy were done eating and Lillian was still picking at her plate:
Daddy talking to no one in particular - "Do you want a P-O-P-S-I-C-L-E?"

Mommy - "No, it's too late"

Lillian - "I want one"

Mommy - "You want what?"

Lillian - "A popsicle"

Daddy & Mommy - "Do you know what word daddy was spelling? What does P-O-P-S-I-C-L-E? spell?"

Lillian after a few moments of thinking - "Popsicle"

So Lillian got a popsicle. We are not sure if she actually knows what daddy was spelling or just knows that if she is going to get dessert, it is usually a popsicle. Either way it looks like those books on baby sign language we have might need to be cracked open so mommy and daddy can talk without Lillian knowing what we are saying!

Lillian having a picnic with some of her friends. She told me they wanted to have "pineapple and payas for food." It took me a few seconds to realize she was requesting papayas!