Thursday, February 14, 2008

Robert Planet and the Other Girl

Usually during our travels in the car, we have two listening options: the Wiggles or KinderMusik. While both are fun to listen to, sometimes you need to have more variety. If I try and turn the radio on, Lillian says, "I don't like to listen the weather." Occassionally I can slip a Black Crowes CD in there for a little while.

We recently bought the new Robert Plant/Allison Krause CD and I have been playing that in the car. At first Lillian said she did not like it but then she started asking what the name of each song was. One song "Gone Gone Gone" she kept asking to hear again and when it would play, she would start to shake her shoulders. I told her that Daddy also liked that song. The next time we all were in the car together, she said "I want to listen to Gone Gone. Daddy you like that song." Once the song was over she would say, "Again. You like that song Daddy." Isn't that nice - she was willing to sacrifice her Wiggles and KinderMusik song time just for Daddy. I guess all the shoulder shaking was also for Daddy's sake and not because she happened to like the song.

She then moved on to asking who was singing the song. I told her and she made her song request with this statement next time; "I want listen Robert Planet and the other girl." She now can say each of their names but I wonder if Robert Plant knows he is a girl and I don't know how Allison Krause feels about being known as the other girl.

Here is the video of "Gone Gone Gone."