Thursday, April 2, 2009

Is it three o'clock?

Naps lately are hit and miss. Some days Lillian is fine if she skips a nap and other days she is a terror. This morning she woke up with some tired looking eyes - she had a rough time going down so I was all set to get her down for a nap. We spent time with playgroup dancing around and went to the store this morning so she had a chance to get her wiggles out.

She went down OK and then I heard her open her door and head into the bathroom. She did her business and we went back to her room for her nap. She was not having that. She sat in her rocking chair and not wanting to get in a battle of the toddler brain, I told her she did not have to get in her crib but she had to stay in her room for quiet time until 3:30. I would come and get her when quite time was over. That went over very well.

I could hear her singing until about 3:00 pm and then it got quiet so I thought/hoped she was asleep. A few minutes she opened her door and yelled in a whisper, "Mommy, does the clock say 3 yet?"