Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sleepy Head

Most mornings Lillian is awake anywhere form 6:45 - 7:30 am. During the week, Joe gets her up before he leaves for work. Tuesday morning Joe goes into her room at 7:20 and finds a sleeping Lillian. Usually if she is still sleeping, once you start talking to her she is up and is ready to get out of her crib. Not Tuesday.

Joe picks her up out of the crib and she starts fussing. He brings her to me, still in bed, and we try to get her to snuggle with me. Lillian starts to kick so Joe takes her back to her room. This gives me a few moments to get up and start our day. When I head out into the kitchen, I don't hear any noise - they are usually in the kitchen with Lillian surveying the contents of the refrigerator to determine what she wants for breakfast. I walk into the living, no Joe and Lillian. I make my way down to her room and find Joe and Lillian on the floor. Apparently Miss Lillian climbed back into her crib and had her feet danging out. When Joe started to play with her feet, she got out of the crib and laid on the floor.

Joe got up and we discovered that Lillian was asleep! That means she fell asleep not in her crib with her usual assortment of creature comforts AND NO PACIFIER! We left her there and I assumed she would be up in a matter of minutes. But no - she slept on the floor until 8:40 am! I went to check on her and her room was empty. I found her in the middle of our bathroom leaning against the doorway. I picked her up and she stayed on me for 10 minutes before she said she wanted something to eat and drink. She did ask when I found her where Daddy was.

When I told her later that she had fallen asleep without her pacifier and Phoebe the Pacifier Fairy was very happy, Lillian screamed, "No, I just went and got it!" Needless to say, she went down for her nap and bed with the pacifier.

I was hoping today would be another late morning but no. She did have her flu shot Monday so I think the shot made her feel a bit crummy and she just wanted to sleep it off.