Wednesday, October 22, 2008

James Taylor & Dirt

Tuesday Lillian and I skipped on gymnastics and headed downtown for a free concert by James Taylor. He is doing some shows in support of a certain presidential candidate. The ticket for the show said to be there at 11:30 am but he did not come on the stage until 12:30 pm. That got me a bit mad because we had nap time to keep but it was free. We actually ran into Mr. Sweet Baby James before the concert. When we were parking, he was doing his sound check. We ran into the local kids museum to use the potty and on our way out, he almost bumped into him. I did not recognize him at first (he is VERY tall and thin) but I noticed the ear wire and then noticed all the people walking with him and saying they would see him on the stage.


Lillian spent much of the time playing in dirt. She seems to likes dirt and pretended to make the flowers grow by sprinkling dirt on them. She had me lift her up to some trees so she could play with the branches and leaves. She even planted an acorn and a weed in the ground. She began throwing dirt on herself so by the time we left, her scalp looked black. I did not realize how dirty her hair was until we got ready to put her to bed and noticed black rings on her sheets. It was the dirt from her hair that fell out while she was sleeping. Daddy scrubbed her hair good last night but I am still finding bits of dirt in it today! There was a brick wall that Lillian saw another little girl climbing on and before I knew it, Lillian was up there too.


This child also loves trees, especially those that have little hiding places that she can squeeze her body in.


Lillian ate her lunch while we waited and then it was time to get home for nap. We (I) only go to here four songs but it was such nice weather to be outside and Lillian took a great nap, so it was worth it. As we were walking to the car, I told Lillian that mommy and daddy saw James Taylor in concert years ago and she wanted to know if she went to the concert with us. I tried explaining to her that she was not born yet and she kept asking, "Did I stay home? What did you say when I said I just stayed home?" So I ended telling her that she stayed home while mommy and daddy went out. She then said, "I don't like you going out the concerts." I guess at her age, she can not comprehend a time when she was not around!