Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fluid Shots

Lillian got her flu shot on Monday and I had to hold her arms down AND put my legs on top of her legs during the entire 5 second process. She ended up kicking off a shoe but she got a yummy bubblegum lollipop, a pumpkin sticker and a snazzy yellow band-aid.
I told Lillian that daddy was getting his flu shot, she told me it was a "fluid shot" and asked if he was going to get a pumpkin sticker and a lollipop. I get my shot this afternoon and I told Lillian that during our early morning walk today. She quickly said she did not want me to get one because, "The fluid shot will hurt you." The she asked what flavor lollipop I was going to get and if I was going to get a pumpkin sticker. When I told her I did not think I would get anything she said this, "I will just hold you down for your fluid shot Mommy." Thanks but I don't think I will need to be held down for the shot (I have come a LONG WAY with my fear of needles since having her!)