Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Fake Blood and Hearts

A trip to the dollar store turned into Valentine headquarters for Lillian. She found a bag of 200 foam Valentine stickers that she had to have. So we bought them and headed home to get started on Valentines.

I would cut the paper hearts out and she would put the stickers on them. As I started dinner she was still going strong only now she had the big scissors and was cutting. No big deal - she was doing a pretty good job. Later on I noticed some red stuff on her fingers and asked her if she cut herself. Of course she said she didn't, that it was just fake blood. I asked her where she got the fake blood from and this was her response: "When paper and glue mix together it makes fake blood. That's all. Of course it's fake blood."

I convinced her fake blood and all to wash her hands and I looked for a cut. Couldn't find any cuts so we went back to our chores. Once daddy came home I noticed more red on her fingers. This time daddy was able to find the cut and we told Lillian she had cut her finger while she was using the big scissors and we need to clean it and but a bandage on it. All of a sudden the cut hurt and the whole way back to the bathroom she was whimpering, "It hurts! Will the hurt go away? Ouch!"

Here she is with her bandage finger that was leaking fake blood: