Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Back to school

Today preschool started back up after being our for the holidays. It went pretty smooth considering the last few weeks of preschool were met with tears and fits. I usually walk into the school with Lillian but the teachers thought it best if we did the carpool for drop-off in the morning. Apparently once she enters the classroom she calms right down so she was putting on a show for me. I told them we would start carpool at the beginning of the new year.

Lillian was fine with the morning routine at home and went into the car easily. She started to get a bit upset as we sat in the carpool line. A few tears started leaking out of her eyes and the makings of the preschool fit. But we saw her teachers waving to us from the classroom and I kept telling her how excited the teachers, her friend Lily and Moonlight, the class fish, were to see her. Luckily Miss Vivian came very soon and Lillian went right with her into the building.

Lillian did give me a couple jobs to complete while she is at school: make a valentine crown and bring her a cup of peppermint tea when I pick her up!

Her back to school poses this morning: