Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Reading and Writing

One of Lillian's favorite things right now is to write notes and letters. Her writing is just a bunch of lines and scribbles but in her mind she has actually written sentences. It is very cute and all UNTIL she hands you the note and tells you to read it.

As any rational person might do, I think about what we had been doing/talking about before she started writing and go with the assumption that that is what the note is about. But it never is. I begins and she says, "No that's not what it says. Read again." I ask if she could help me out a bit and she refuses. So begins an exchange of me trying to think of what she has written and Lillian chastising me. And by the way she looks at me during this, I'm sure she is wondering just how dumb I am that I can't read her writing.