Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Our Wednesday morning

This morning we were going to head out the art museum for a preschool program that started at 10:00 am. Although Miss Lillian said she wanted to go when I read her the description of the event, I could not convince her to get dressed. After a heated battle in her room when I dared to move her laundry hamper to a new spot, I left her alone to cool down. I went about my business emptying the dishwasher. The fussing stopped and I stayed in the kitchen. Later I hear Lillian call to me, "I put my critters to bed with the lights on." Curious as to what I was going to find, I grabbed the camera and this is what I saw:

Lillian had dragged the doll cradle out and put Christmas Cat, Woll E. Bull. Mouse Cookie and Francesca Frog in it. And she took her night light out of the socket, plugged in her Christmas Tree and pulled the tree over to the cradle. She was very pleased with herself.

Later I found her walking around the house nibbling on a wedge of Parmesan cheese. She refused to eat her breakfast but got hungry and helped herself to some cheese. I guess no room is safe with her in it by herself now.

Princess of the Play dough:
She was very proud that she laced her fish all by herself

We did make it to the art museum but not in time for the program. She spent most of our time there laying on various benches and chasing/hiding from a little boy.