Thursday, September 17, 2009

I Love School!

This is what Lillian said to me this afternoon before her nap. Today marks a full week that she has been to school, three whole days. So far no calls from the teachers, no notes being sent home about her stripping down at the potty and no tears on her part!

There are only 8 children in her class and 2 teachers. The first two days she would only say "I don't know" when asked what she did at school so we had to pretend to be characters to pull more information out of her. After the second day she said, "Well they still didn't teached us nothing today." I guess that means she wants pre-approval for the lesson plans.

I walk into the school with her but use the carpool to pick her up. Usually as soon as she sits down she tells me she is hungry. She seems to play well with the other kids and really likes music class and the discovery class. Today was her first day in discovery and she got to touch a caterpillar, see a millipede and a dead ocotpus. She told me all about how the octopus swims in the water. I told her that I knew she would like the discovery class and she said "Well you were right about that one!"

The preschool is very small (only about 50 families total) and feels very cozy. And the wonderful thing, besides being within walking distance for us, is the director has been sending pictures through email each day. It's so fun to see her doing so well. Here are some pictures she has sent: