Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Lillian's nature musings

Since the weather has been so nice lately we have been spending more time outside. These are a few of Lillian's takes on nature.

  • "I don't want litter in my earth" Lillian is very quick to point out litter and wonders why litterbugs do not put their trash in the trash/recycling/compost pile.
  • "Those tress wanted to look like a couch" A few trees in our backyard have grown with a bend in them and she asked me what caused the bend. I told her it was just the way those trees decided to grow.
  • "The squirrels were making valentines" That is what she told Joe last night when she found this open nut shell:
  • "Daddy is a magic daddy" When Lillian was recounting how she and daddy moved my compost bin and daddy put worms in the bin and made dirt
  • "The ant does not want to come to the tea party for me" She was trying to have a tea party with an ant underneath her swings this afternoon and got perturbed that the ant kept hiding from her.
  • "When the car stops at a light the wind stops." She likes riding with the windows down and made that observation as we were stopped at a stoplight.