Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Playset

Lillian's play set arrived today. When I told her that she was getting a play set for the yard, she looked at me and with her hands up in the air said, "Where is it? I don't see it!" That was a couple of weeks ago so we were careful not to mention it.

We found this set off of Craigslist and it is only 2 years old. It was the model that we had liked when we went looking at the various play set stores. But the price was about half of what it would cost new and it has an adult swing hammock! Lillian and I had been to the owner's house twice and each time their daughter played on it with Lillian.

The company said they would be at our house around noon after having taken it down at the previous owner's house. They (I should say he - there was only one man) showed up at our house around 9:45 am. I had just gotten dressed and was trying to convince the little nudist we have living with us that she needed to put clothes on if we were going to make it to the 10:15 am Rhyme Time at the library. I showed the man where we wanted it and he and Lillian got to work.

Lillian's work consisted of screaming, "No he NOT put my play set together. NO!" I was able to calm her down by offering her grapes and a chance to sit on the baby potty and watch the Wiggles. And then we broke out some new play dough tools and that kept us occupied until he was done. Oh yeah, we both got sick and had to vomit in the kitchen sink! It appears we ate some bad English muffins for breakfast. That's strange because we ate them yesterday and we were fine.

Anyway when the man was done with the play set (it took about an hour), I asked Lillian if she wanted to go play on it and she bolted from the table and readily held still for me to put her tennis shoes on (there is a pathetic tennis shoe story that will be up soon). I was able to put a sweatshirt over her pajamas as it was a bit cold outside.

Here she is walking towards it:




She discovered the hammock and how to get off the swing by herself: