Friday, March 14, 2008

Dinner Menu by Lillian

Each Thursday after KinderMusik class, Lillian and I go grocery shopping. During breakfast, I make out the shopping list, always asking Lillian what we should buy. This week she actually chimed in and said turkey. As we were shopping, I was asking her what we should have with the turkey and she said mashed potatoes.

So for dinner tonight we (Joe and Lillian) had lemon turkey, mashed potatoes, cinnamon carrots. The whole thing was much easier to prepare than I thought - as a vegetarian, cooking meat always is a bit daunting to me.

I first gave Lillian only five pieces of turkey thinking she would probably only eat one and the rest would go to Joe or a cat. Well she scarfed down her turkey and asked for more! So I gave her another five pieces and and she ate those and asked for more. The third helping of turkey went mostly to Elsie but Lillian did manage to eat a bit more of it. She even ate all her carrots and left her grapes and blueberries; usually this child will eat fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit and more fruit.