Monday, April 2, 2007

Deperate times call for desperate measures


What a Monday! Lilly is suffering with a bottom tooth (her third tooth) that is ready to pop through. She ran a fever Sunday night and had been oh-so cranky today because of it. And to top it off, Mommy had the nerve to put her in a dress so every time she crawls, her knees land on the skirt and she can't move forward. Finally the dress came off.

At lunch I discovered that Lilly's toenails were need of a trim. I thought since she was strapped into her booster seat it would be easy to cut the nails. Lilly had other ideas. I finally dragged her chair (with Lilly still in it) into the living room and parked her in front of the TV. Yes I know TV is bad for babies but I discovered the trick for trimming her fingernails. Juts turn on a cartoon and she will let you trim her nails. I turned on PBS but Sesame Street was on and that does not grab Lilly's attention. I end up putting in the DVD of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" (the first cartoon DVD I came across) and popped that in. And it worked. I'm not proud but Lilly's toenails are nice and short now!